We're so excited to partner with you on your social impact experiences!
Below you'll find instructions on building your airbnb hosts profile.
The deadline to submit profiles is August 24th. We're currently filling the calendar for September 1-December 1.
Create your experience on Airbnb
To get started click below:
- Use a business email for setting up your profile NOT your personal Airbnb travel account.
Fill in details
- In the category section, you need to answer the question: Are you hosting on behalf of a non-profit organization?
- Check "Yes, I'm hosting on behalf of a non-profit organization"
- The next question you need to answer is: "Make sure you're signed into the organization's Airbnb account"
- Check "I'm signed into the organization's Airbnb account, not my personal Airbnb account."
- As a host you are the lead in managing the profile and therefore you need your own log-in. Slow Food doesn't have a solo account but has access to your account.
- For the following question about the name of the organization
- Enter "Slow Food Portland"
Share your log-in with Slow Food PDX
- When your account is set up, and all the details about your experiences are uploaded with pictures, please share your log-in information and password with Slow Food Portland: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We add in copy about our organization to inform guests how they are giving back to their local community.
- We add our bank info for payouts as Social Impact Experiences require that a non-profit bank account be the payout method.
- We submit the experience and wait for approval from Airbnb.
What to expect during and after review
- Airbnb reviews and approves all the experiences to ensure the high standards. Your experience will also be reviewed.
- After the copy is approved, the experience will enter into photo review.
- At this point, be sure you look out for an email to verify ID
- Once your experience is in photo review, you can add dates to the calendar. Be sure to share those dates with Slow Food Portland so we can start the promotion.
A few notes
- Payouts will be 80% to the host, 20% donated to Slow Food Portland
- Payments to hosts are done the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month.
- Please fill out 1-2 dates per month (or more if you'd like ; ). The Airbnb algorithm prefers regular and recurrent events.
- We're currently, scheduling out to December 1.
- Keep in touch! If you add dates/experiences or edit them, let us know! We're part of your experience marketing team and need to make changes to our calendar so potential guests see accurate information.
- How to choose pricing?
- We want this to be financially viable for you. We suggest looking at similar experiences on the platform to get an idea of what an appropriate price is. However, we've found that scaling pricing can be strategic and help you get to your ideal price over time.
- Ex. coffee tasting experience @ $40. This could be offered 1-2 times at this price while positive reviews roll in. Once you've got 3 5-star reviews, the price could be bumped up to $45. Likewise, after more good reviews and social proof, the experience could be offered at $55 moving forward.
- Remember, we're here to help make experience a success, so please reach out with any questions.